Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, May 3

    My thoughts on swine flu

    Get over it, people.

    Seriously, GET. OVER. IT.

    People die from the normal flu all the time. Especially, in NZ (read: Christchurch) when combined with the freezing cold winters and poorly insulated houses.

    Has anyone stopped to consider the difference in medical standards between Mexico and places like NZ and the US? All our so called "unbiased" media agencies have conveniently forgotten this. And also, talk about scaremongering. We went from 150 (ish) dead in Mexico to 7. How's that for attributing every single possible cause of death to swine flu??!

    Meanwhile we can now buy Tamiflu on Trademe. So hopefully that will make it cheaper than the $60-80 it will cost to get it without a prescription. (P.S according to Wikipedia Tamiflu is not so sucessful with Bird Flu anyway, fingers crossed for Swine Flu though!)

    People need to calm down and not panic so much. So there are infected people in the country. Most of them aren't actually that sick (from what I've heard) and they've been quarantined. How is it any worse than the general course of colds and flu that people get over winter anyway? And the media need to stop perpetuating this. *smacks wrist* Bad media.

    Also, go the Brits for using Swine flu as a reason to not go to work. "I think I have the flu, I'll just quarantine myself now...I'll be back in a couple of weeks"

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008