Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, March 14

    Facedown - Matt Redman

    Welcomed in, to the courts of the king
    I've been ushered into your presence
    Lord, I stand on your merciful ground
    Yet with every step tread with reverence

    And I'll fall facedown
    As your glory shines around
    Yes I'll fall facedown
    As your glory shines around

    Who is there in the heavens likeyou
    And upon the earth who's your equal?
    You are far above. You're the highest of heights

    We are bowing down to exalt you

    And I'll fall facedown
    As your glory shines around
    Yes I'll fall facedown
    As your glory shines around


    So let your glory shine around
    Let your glory shine around
    King of Glory, here be found
    King of Glory...

    I've been listening to this song almost obsessively lately. But it just speaks to me. I love, firstly, the songwriting of it all. Matt Redman is absolutely amazing for really stripped back songs. This song is basically just acoustic gats, bass and, only when it builds, drums and two vox. Amazing.

    Lyrically - damn, I wish I could write lyrics like that. It's just so stripped back, so simple and yet so true. It just carries all the awe of stepping into the throne room and that feeling of "gosh, I cannot stand here. It's impossible because I am me and he is God." It's perfect.

    I had a lot more to say. But I think I'll leave it here. I don't think even the lyrics can really explain the awesomeness of God. But then, maybe that's just me.

    Actually, one last thing and then I'll leave it. I was talking to a certain songwriter the other night and he was saying "If we call God awesome, then we really can't call anything/anyone else awesome - because nothing else compares to God." Which is an intriguing point, I feel. Intriguing because it's true.

    Ponder that. Think about the words you sing. Say. Mean.

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008