Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, June 8

    Blessings in abundance

    Praise the Lord, all you nations; extol him all you peoples. For great is his love towards us and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord. - Psalm 117

    We were told today that work is on a pay freeze. Understandable given the "economic climate".

    I've been thinking lately about the things that get me worked up and worried. Money is one of those things. It's stupid really because I've never lacked for anything. But the nature of the world we live in is to tell us we want things that we don't need.

    Yes, I'm aware my job contributes to that. My thoughts on that another time...

    "Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you" Psalm 116:7

    I want this to be true of me. It is true if me. I just forget sometimes. Here's the deal:

    1) I have a roof over my head = blessing
    2) I don't go hungry = blessing
    3) I have a job = blessing
    4) My husband has a job = blessing
    5) I have an education = blessing

    I think you see where this is going...

    I'm not writing this list to boast about what I have. I'm just trying to point out that there are so many things we take for granted in our lives.

    So can I, in good conscience complain about not getting a pay rise? Not really, no. Because I don't lack for anything. Moreover, I don't lack in the things that really matter: friends, family, grace, mercy, love.

    And, in the light of eternity does it really matter how much I get paid?

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008