Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, September 7

    Snow trip...

    Okay. So I promised photos. *taps fingers while uploading*

    I've already mentioned the snow trip was fantastic. We had awesome weather - and to tell you the truth I was just so happy that it got off to a great start as the boy had been the one organising it and he'd been working oh-so-hard.

    Which is why when the actual day of planning (ie- saturday) didn't go according to plan I knew he'd be upset. (As he's a perfectionist like me!)

    But it was AWESOME on Sunday. It was possibly the BEST weather we could have had - especially given that the forecast wasn't actually that good.

    We started of at Gnomes so we could pick up ski gear for about 40 odd people.



    They hooked us up with these awesome SINNER pants...lol.

    They were a great source of amusement given that we are a church group etc etc. AHAHA...we're so funny. (Yeah, you probably had to be there...)

    THEN...after a lot of driving uphill and close to the edge on a rocky gravel road....we made it to Hutt. It looked a little like this:


    Seriously...isn't it GORGEOUS??? It was just so pure and white and it was sunny and just utterly utterly FANTASTIC. *sigh*

    See...you can see the ski lifts and all the little people travelling in the chairs. So COOL.

    I have to admit it was a bit of a mission gathering everyone together and making sure that everyone knew what was happening. AND Hutt screwed up and issued us lift passes for the day before (i.e - Saturday) instead. So we had to feed everyone through AGAIN for lift passes and line them up to get ski/snowboard boots & gear.

    Loui makes sure people are tagged and lift passed and good to go...



    Us upon arrival. All getting used to the cold and sunshine.

    Then we all hit the slopes! Well...technically speaking. Those who actually knew how to board/ski hit the slopes. The rest of us resigned ourselves to lessons!!! They went for about two hours and were only semi-useful. Possibly because there were so many of us. (For example I found out I was goofy half way through the day only after Isaac checked...)







    Us attempting to learn the art of snowboarding...lol. Lots of fun. And slipping and sliding. The boys were so impatient though. I'd hate to be their teacher in school!


    Chilling out on the beginners slope. We're so cool!!!

    I fell over so many times it was scary. Snowboarding appears to use all sorts of muscles that I didn't even realise that I had. Let alone knew how to use!! (And I still don't know how to use them!)

    Lunch time!! Loui's yellow pants were ALSO a source of endless amusement! Lol. We attempted to call our group "The Yellow Brigade".

    The food was seriously good. Something about exercise builds up a serious appetite. I was so hungry and thirsty by 12.30 it seriously wasn't funny. This is probably the reason why I never really exercise!

    Random action shot of me. Don't I just look so cool????? I'm like totally a snowboarding chick!

    And finally...we managed the ski lift. So, for your viewing pleasure...here's the view from the top. I warn you...it's seriously AWESOME and AMAZING....


    Pretty cool, right?? I think it's awesome :)

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008