Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, March 20

    home on the range

    So...have the day off from work today and not leaving for Ohau till about 9pm tonight. Am planning on doing really awesome things like:

    1. Washing - of the machine and hand variety
    2. Baking - for the weekend and the week ahead
    3. Preparing tomatoes for freezing (takes longer than you think!)
    4. FINALLY unpacking boxes that have sat in my room for over a month :P
    5. Playing bass

    We have a serious over abundance of tomatoes - what with people gifting them to us and all - if I don't freeze them then they'll just rot in the fridge.

    Which reminds me:

    6. Clean out fridge

    But once tomatoes are frozen they are only good for cooking purposes. So I'm trying to package them in small enough amounts for meals. And the skins have to be taken off etc.

    7. Kill all the damn flies that have invaded the house (!!!!)

    Flies piss me off.

    But I also hate the smell of fly spray :P

    I like being self sufficient. In the last week or so I have been baking and stocking the freezer with things like peppers. Yes, I am a little strange.

    In all seriousness though, if Isaac were to get the kind of well paying self sufficient job I would like him to get - although that will be a few years off yet! - I would be quite happy to stay home and make jam and relish and bake all day and do dishes and laundry.

    Seriously.

    I would also tend my vegie garden and prepare for the winter by filling the root cellar.

    Perhaps I read too many Laura Ingalls Wilder books as a child...

    The modern housewife looks a little more like Bree Van Der Kamp-Hodge than Laura Ingalls Wilder.

    But I'm also sure that I can learn to make a mean lemon meringue pie. I already do good chocolate brownies!!!

    Perhaps we can also have a cow to milk...or maybe not :P

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008