Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, July 26

    Epic Fail and Batman

    I’m sorry but this is absolutely ridiculous. The world is full of stupid people.


    Not meaning to be degrading or anything like that, but seriously. I had a go at editorial for publishing it on the front page. I suppose it would be a nice human interest story if the woman wasn’t so stupid.


    I mean, yes it is sad that the poor boy can’t go to the Gold Coast – especially since he’s in remission for cancer and everything. But, reading between the lines, his mother had the ability to take the money out of the finance company a week ago and she chose to reinvest it for another 30 days instead.


    This amid reports that Hanover was in trouble because they had invested heavily in Five Mile and Dave Henderson and that loan – worth millions of dollars – was defaulted on. But just because and employee of the company told her the money was safe she thought she’d be okay to re-invest.


    Plus, it’s not like they’ll never be able to go – Hanover is working on getting the money back to investors. It’s a process, lady. You made a bad financial decision and now it has to work it’s way through. That is life, and yes it sucks but, the way I see it, if you take a risk in investments then you’ve got to be willing to strike out every so often.


    And there’s still a chance they’ll get their money back, it all sounds like it could be quite positive. The funds are just frozen to prevent a run on the company and – like I said, the odds are they will recover some of the money.


    In other news…the man who went with his friends to recover a stuck vehicle, got stuck himself and then died 2km from his house when he told his friends to go get help. At midnight, in the middle of the storm. Stupidity? That article here.


    I have a few things to say: Firstly, it is terrible that a man died. Secondly, it is terrible a man died for so stupid a cause. Thirdly, I cannot believe we ran this on the front page of the newspaper. Fourthly, with friends like the ones he had – who needs enemies?


    It is terribly tragic that he leaves five children behind – one who is only 10 months old and will never know her father. But there are a number of factors that contributed to such a tragedy, and to be honest this tragedy could actually have been avoided had a few things happened – namely, that people had utilized common sense and not gone out to rescue and (presumably abandoned) vehicle that was stuck in a riverbed at midnight in the middle of a storm.


    But according to his partner he “does this all the time”. Apparently he is some sort of superhero who goes out rescuing stranded cars in the middle of the night all the time. AND he’s an asthmatic.


    He is basically more awesome than Batman.


    Of course, if he was Batman he probably would still be alive today. Or, at least he’d have a more reliable sidekick – like Robin. Sadly for him he had three incompetent friends. All of whom abandoned him to the wild weather and the cold. When he couldn’t walk. Which is what all good friends should do. That and not call the police as soon as you get home when your friend is missing and risks dying from cold and exposure. Wait a few hours, then call them. Stoopid!!!


    Pictures courtesy of www.failblog.org.


    Speaking of Batman, we went to see The Dark Knight last night. Man, it was awesome!!! It did make me sad to think that Heath Ledger will never reprise the role of the Joker. I think he might have damn well been the best Joker I have ever seen. I have no idea how they’ll replace him for the third. We came to the conclusion that the only person who could possibly replace him was Johnny Depp.


    I think I will have to buy it when it comes out on DVD and I’m not even that great of a Batman fan. I have to say that the last two movies would have to be the best representation of a comic book I have seen in the past few years.


    I have no words to describe it. The acting was superb. Christian Bale is awesome as Batman, probably one of the best I’ve seen. (Certainly better than George Clooney!) Heath, I have already spoken about – he was just incredible and it is so, so sad that this role might have been the reason that he was on sleeping pills and resulted in his death. Also, I may have to join some sort of “I love Gary Oldman” fan club. Because I really do love Gary Oldman. He’s just so versatile! (Sirius Black vs. Commissioner Gordan)

    Just…wow. If you haven’t seen it yet you probably should!!!



    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008