Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, July 7

    Nacho Weekend

    There is nothing quite like braving the cold conditions to stand out on a veranda to take photos of the snow as it falls...

    I had a WHOLE extra day off work this weekend...it was fantastic. Obviously with so much time on our hands the only sensible thing to do was to brave the 3 and a 1/2 hour drive down to Ohau. We'd been planning this trip for quite some time and had all been looking forward to it. Four of us set out on Thursday night - and completely missed the bad weather. Two of our party set out on Friday night and got caught out by the weather - and had to spend the night in a motel room at Burke's Pass!

    Nevertheless those of us who had made it through safely persevered with the cold and bravely went out for a walk once the snow abated...look at the mountains. Awesome, right??

    Meloui...not the drink, the couple. Rugged up because obviously it is COLD...felt a little like we were in Canada. Not that ANY of us have ever been to Canada before. But it was so wintery and wonderland-like that you kind of imagined it that way.

    Without the bears of course!

    Brrr...us facing into the village INSTEAD of out at the scenery. We are the retardation. But hey, the village looks very pretty. So does the lamp post next to us. We will find our way to Narnia next....

    Clouds on the way back from our walk...pretty, right? Was very, very awesome!!! I like being out there...so few people and all the home comforts. And it's just so QUIET. Brilliant :)

    Boys breaking up icy puddles so they can play with the ice. So amused...lol. Ah nature and it's wonders....

    Ice ice baby....


    Isaac and his ice shard that he chipped from the road...Ah am so proud of mah boy...lol. These are the achievements in life worth remembering! Hehehe...Not to mention that I later got him in the ear with a snowball. Yes indeedy I am awesome!!!!

    Most awesome action shot ever!!! I love my new but not new camera. It takes awesome photos and they are all in many pixels so I can enlarge them :)

    I tell you what though, I seriously, seriously needed the time off work. I haven't really had a break since January (when I started) and I'm not likely to have a break till November - when the wedding madness truly begins!

    Long trudge back to warmth and hot drinks!

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008