Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, May 31

    Be Still

    I had a "moment" yesterday.

    We're down at Ohau and I took my bike to the road. (As you do)

    It was spectacular. The sun was out, but dropping behind the mountains very quickly. Probably about 6 degrees out and I was biking into the wind. Brrr!

    At one point I just pulled over and it was so utterly quiet. No cars, nothing. All I could hear was the occasional bird. Right in front of me? Massive snow-capped mountains. My breathing sounded almost intrusive in an atmosphere like that.

    It was like I could hear God whispering. In the light of such awesome, magnificent beauty it's like the whole world fell into perspective. It's why I love getting out of town. You never get utter stillness and silence in town. We clutter life with noise. Traffic, tv, radio, advertising. Humanity is very good at talking and not listening.

    Imagine all that would be revealed if we just listened.

    (P.s - it's snowing again)

    I think it's important to remember that God's not the noise of the storm - the thunder, the waves, the earthquake, the hail, the sleet...you get the point.

    If I was to associate God with the weather system it would be snow. Snow is silent, it has this ability to blanket everything it touches. What's more it transforms. Not in a hugely intrusive way. But in a gentle, quiet way. And yet it has the ability to make the whole world grind to a halt if it's heavy enough.

    That's what I think anyway. I think we all need a little more snow in our lives.

    1 comment:

    Mandia said...

    Beautifully said! :)

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008