Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, May 13

    Spider Man 3

    Finally went to see Spiderman 3 last night. I really enjoyed it. I think I have high expectations for the Spiderman movies because I remember reading the comic books and watching the cartoons. In any case, I've always loved them.

    That an Kirsten Dunst is one of my favorite actresses, so you know! I found the movie much more character driven than the second. Peter Parker was more at a personal crisis point than anything else. Everything seems to start out so right and yet end up spiralling down and becoming so horribly wrong...


    Visually the movie is amazing. I certainly see where the "most expensive movie ever made" title comes in. The fight scenes - especially the finale - were some of the best I've ever seen in the Spiderman franchise. And of course, Stan Lee makes his appearance too.

    What I didn't like was the way everything seemed to just wrap up so neatly in the end. Venom and the New Goblin both meet their timely ends and the Sandman - resolved - just flies away on the wind.

    Sure, all the loose ends needed to be tied up. It is the last movie after all. But part of the beauty of Spiderman - and indeed of any - comic book superhero is their ability to continue living on as a superhero in our minds. I'd like to think Spidey is still out there - married to MJ - swinging through the mean streets of NY and fighting crime.

    It doesn't all end when the movie ends - nor does it have to.

    Overall though, the movie was a step up from the last. Casting was a dream - Topher Grace made a fantastic, cocky, smart ass Eddie Brock, and Thomas Hayden Church was utterly believable as the Sandman. James Franco - as always - was fantastic, and I don't mind admitting that I was rooting for him at the end.

    I'd recommend the movie to anyone. It's good fun and there's plenty of action and romance to keep anyone entertained.

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008