Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, May 21

    BNO

    It's all over. Yay! Every year we run this HUGE event. We take 100 or so young people (I believe we had 150 this year...) load them up onto buses and drive them to various locations around town. In the past we've eaten, mini golfed, laser striked, paint balled and gone swimming. This year we ate, had singstar and buzz and a mechanincal bull (leik whoa!), went and rocked out to an awesome band - of which the infamous Satellite drummer is also the drummer - ten pin bowled (I'm not entirely sure if that's correct grammar...) AND went hyrosliding/swimming/diving at QEII.

    This all takes place over eight or so hours. Unless you're a leader, then it takes place over 9 or so hours plus you have to look after the kiddies in your care.

    Every year I dread this particular event. It's the one time in the year that we have that many young people in our care. But every year while doing it I realise that it's not really all that bad. And this year was probably the best yet! We were really organised and on time, plus the activities picked meant that everyone could have a go at once. Whereas in the past both LaserStrike and Paint ball make you wait for your team to go through. AND we had a much better swimming location this time. (Yay!) I did lose a contact in the pool though - resulting in temporary blindness in my right eye for a wee while. (Whoops!)

    Plus...the boy was there, so that was pretty cool. And he says sweet things, like "You know what made it really cool? The fact that you were there and every so often I'd look up and see you." (Awwww.....)

    So, despite the girl who busted her knee and the three who threw up in the toilets after swimming. Oh and the girl who screamed and completely lost the plot when she saw a cockroach in the changing rooms....Big Nite Out was a bit of a sucess. Yay!

    AND Zachary and I had some mad air guitar moves going under the strobes at Zebz. Man, we're cool!!!! :) I think all the girls have little crushes on him now. Lol. I suppose it was to be expected.

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008