Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, May 1

    Post-Harvest

    So, I'm sure people remember me mentioning Harvest - it's all over now. Crazy, isn't it? 21,000 people attended over three nights and 2,012 people made decisions for God. That's like 10% or something like that. (Ok ok, my math isn't great, if it's wrong math it's wrong math...)

    I went on Saturday night with youth group and about 10 of our youth went up with Grego (which is what we're calling Greg Laurie now) gave the alter call. I couldn't believe how many people (total) went up. It's was insane.

    The bands were great by the way. I think I'm in love with The Katinas - they're AMAZING. I was manning their merchandising stall last night and it was all I could do not to buy everything. I will have to check out their cds at Manna when I get a chance though. I've seen Audio Adrenalin play live before and they never disappoint, they're a great rock band. AND they did My Father's House (which really is the ONLY AA song I can remember...ever). What was completely awesome was seeing Steven Curtis Chapman live. Dude, this guy is like the granddaddy of Christian pop. He and Michael W. Smith have been around forever and they STILL make great music. I haven't been keeping up to date with his music but he's amazing. Satellite played on Saturday as well and they (as always) were amazing. I love those guys.

    I think I was astonished at the sheer number of people there and just how many went up. It was so cool. Normally I'm really sceptical about big events like this, but this was awesome. It was just real intentional and the follow-up process looks like it's going to stick this time.

    Which is a good thing, believe me. Anyway, it's all post-Harvest now, which is a bit strange because we've been working towards this for SO long. It's almost like: "Well, what do we do now???"

    Actually, it was quite cool to see so many Hornby-ites involved. I mean, Daz was on the events committee. Livs was basically in charge of transporting artists around etc. Carla headed up merchandising and Grant was head of security. It was AWESOME. And the two nights that I was there, you just had to look around at the ushers and merch people to see a familiar face. And the merchandising was just so much fun! Teehee. I was on with Rob and Ness and it was coo-al. We basically sold out of just about ALL The Katinas' merchandise - which is great for the band.

    I think I'm a Harvest believer.

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008