Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, July 12

    Life in the office trenches

    To the customer who didn't actually know her name - or, was incredibly obtuse. I kid you not the conversation actually went like this:

    Me: And who am I speaking with today?
    Extremely thick customer: Today? I...errr...I don't know.
    Me: ????? -.-*

    She actually thought I'd been speaking with someone in the company earlier in the day (at this stage it was 9.30am!) and wanted to know their name.

    Because that's LOGICAL. This is what I mean by stupidity at work - it's not just my co-workers!!!

    I was freaking out yesterday because Isaac had taken the car into the mechanics and they quoted us $550 (EXCLUDING gst!!) to get the oil leaks fixed and the cambelt changed. On top of that they told him that sometimes with work like what we required done you probably needed the water pump changed and we should do it at the same time because if it broke it would damage the engine. For that, they quoted another $100-200.

    Grand total: $731.25 (IF the water pump cost $100)

    I was actually on the verge of saying I should just SELL the damned thing and buy a new one.

    Anyway, Isaac went out for coffee with his friend who is a mechanic last night. Basically everything that the mechanics told us was a crock. Isaac's friend can do the job that they quoted for $200. WHICH IS BASICALLY LESS THAN HALF THE PRICE!!!

    TAKE THAT BECKENHAM AUTO!!!!

    ALSO...as it turns out what they said about the water pump was a load of bullsh*t. Apparently they should have been able to look at the pump and basically tell if it would need replacing or not. Isaac's friend looked at the pump - in the DARK, with his cellphone as light - and said that it wouldn't need replacing at all.

    It actually makes me wonder how much money the damned mechnics are making. Apparently they charge for parts at RETAIL price and then on top of that make like $100 an hour. They were also going to take TWO DAYS to fix it. Isaac's friend said that my model of car was one of the easiest to fix.

    It makes me grumpy. If Isaac hadn't had coffee with his friend we would have probably ended up shelling out close to $800 for the car. $800 that we can't really afford thanks to having to go overseas at the end of the year. (Well, we don't have to go, but it's a family reunion - so we should!)

    I hate being a grown up - everything seems to cost money! Petrol, rent, buying a new car (which hopefully we will do tonight - and then we will have two cars and be able to save money on petrol!), food, the list goes on...

    It would be nice if my parents paid for everything again...

    Michael sent this round today. It's funny, click it!!!

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008