Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, July 13

    Transformers


    I figure that seeing the movie twice gives me the right to talk about it like I know all about Transformers - which I don't really, I remember watching the cartoons as a kid, but my memory retention of ANYTHING from when I was a kid is pretty poor.

    I love this movie. I eagerly await the DVD release (even though it's only been out all of 3 weeks...) just so I can own it - and all the associated special features - on DVD. The thing I love about this flick is the fact that it just didn't take itself too seriously. Transformers has always had a pretty far fetched plotline at best, lets be honest it's a program based on a range of toys put out by Hasbro!

    The special effects were awesome.

    I mean, hello? Check out Megatron. Wicked cool. Plenty of action for the boys and a decent enough story line to keep the girls happy. There's even a love interest! I even enjoyed the product placement. Mainly because it was so damned shameless. I figure that the General Motor Company basically sponsored the entire movie. Them and HP.

    Although I was amused that around the time of the world's satellite communications basically dying all the Hewlett Packard machines were just about useless but the iMac brought in by Sector 7 guy was still going strong.

    If the phone lines had been up and running the HP call centre in India would have been bombarded with complaints. The answer is, as it always has been, to buy Apple.

    Shia LeBeouf does well in this movie. He's grown up since Holes and to score a part in a blockbuster like this just goes to prove that he's going to do well for himself in the future. Plus, he basically saves the day - so that makes him a hero in my eyes! AND he gets the girl. Score one point for nerds all across the world!

    The entire cast were tight and the movie wasn't just all action adventure, it was funny to boot! I had to laugh when Captain Lennox was getting pissy at the operator on the other end of the line while trying to make an emergency pentagon call. That is my life - minus the nose picking - just about every day!!!

    No, I'm not kidding!

    Also...does this mean that if I ever need to get hold of the Pentagon I just pick up the phone get the operator and they'll transfer me through?

    Perhaps it's best we don't think about it too much.

    And while we're speaking of Captain Lennox - whoar is Josh Duhamel ever HOTTT. Yes, he deserves the three 'T's. The second time around the movie was all the better for the eye candy.


    THAT and the fact that I now know that Optimus Prime was voiced by the original voice actor. How's that for continuity!

    Bring on Harry Potter!!

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    The posters are awesome, but I just don't know. I kind of think that the childhood memories I have of transformers is what gives me the fondness. I don't want to risk messing that up.

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008