Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, August 13

    Sven and the weekend

    Weekend, weekend, weekend.

    Sometimes it feels a little like Monday comes too soon. Maybe it's just that the weekend was pretty spectacular. Exhausting, but spectacular.

    Naturally, I have no photos to prove said spectacular weekend. Oh, the irony. Isaac has finally bought a car - which I am excited about, mainly because it has a cd player with a remote. Now, I know the ipod is versatile and etc but there's something to be said for CD players and headunits.

    Sven...I have stolen pictures from TradeMe as it is raining now

    Sven again...

    And I have my car back which is a bonus - especially since it was sleeting today when I drove to work. Brrrr...

    Anyway, made the drive out to Women's Camp friday afternoon which was good fun. We had a convoy of about four cars and stopped in Darfield to pick up tea courtesy of Aunty Kate - very nice of her as there were 8 of us so tea wasn't cheap! Got out there just as it was getting dark, set up the sound system, attempted to sort out the power point and had a small panic attack when the amp I'd borrowed from DT didn't turn on. Luckily for me Maria pointed out that I hadn't turned it on at the wall. Duh! (And I'm supposed to be the technically minded one...)

    Managed to get everything set up and pretend like I'd managed a sound check - as it turns out it's not easy to sound check AND be part of the band. Haha, now we know why people don't do it! But the music was great. Well, it wasn't the best musically ever, but it was fun and people seemed to be connecting so we couldn't really ask for more really!

    Was hoping to be away by 10 but the reality was that I go away at twenty to eleven. Eeek! It wasn't my fault, had to show Nadine how to work the desk and Maria how to set up the powerpoint. Plus I'd had to rework all my timings for a slide show I'd done. AND THEN got caught up with Jo and Kate discussing childbirth.

    There are too many babies about these days!!! Another one born on Saturday...Ashton Oliver Renault. He's gonna be a wee cutie too given how good looking Amber and Shane are. Plus, he'll have Braxton genes and the whole damn family is good looking.

    Got dragged out of bed at approx 9.30 the next morning by Melsy, who'd come over to drop off beer for that night. Without even showering we were off to the Bendon sale - where I splurged a whole $20 on knickers. Thanks to Mel we were there just about as when the store opened so no queues! Then we went baby clothes shopping for Micah. I swear I could have bought out the entire shop. It was just so CUTE. Lookit what I bought:

    Baby clothes!!!

    Pirate boy :)

    Stripy!!!

    Hat...it's SO cute


    BANDANNA!

    It almost makes me want to have babies. If not for the horror childbirth stories I've been hearing lately...

    The nacho nighters came round later that night, Louis had managed to injure his knee yet AGAIN playing soccer and I made lasagne with fresh pasta! SO good. Mmmm... Jem made Warwick's mousse and Mel brought nibbles and we were generally silly and revelled in the role reversal that meant that the girls were drinking beer and the boys red wine. Good times.

    And now it's back to work. And oh, how cold it is in the NCC today. All the new desks by the windows must not be blocking the heat anymore because the partitions are lower. Brrr...I just wish it would snow and be done with it! And after all the warm weather we've been having too!

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008