Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, April 3

    James Morrison & Deni Hines

    So thanks to my speedy email skills I managed to score a double pass to James Morrison & Deni Hines JazzFest headline act.

    And may I just say that it was awesome!!!

    I really honestly believe that you have many opportunities to listen to two people - one of whom is widely accepted as one of the best Jazz artists in the world. James Morrison is incredible. Not only is he an amazing trumpeteer, he's pretty damn good on the piano and he's funny to boot!

    Deni Hines (although I hadn't heard of her before last night) is one of Australia's foremost singers. She's been backing vocalist for INXS and Kylie Minogue and more recently she's collaborated wiht James on an album entitled The Other Woman. It features some seriously old school tracks from some of the Jazz greats - think Ella Fitzgerald and Aretha Franklin - plus some newer original Jazzed up tracks.

    I have never seen a band with more groove. It probably helps that these two have been in "the biz" basically forever. But the whole band was incredible. The bass player - Phil, I believe his name is - had some of the fastest fingers I have ever seen. And the brass section made me want to learn a brass instrument. Deni has an amazing vocal technique. You could actually hear her slip from head voice into chest voice when she powers up her vocals.

    If you get a chance - check out Deni's webpage which lets you listen to the full tracklist of the album, starting with I Only Have Eyes for You.

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008