Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, March 12

    I like...

    It's a little startling how old I feel. I mean, I'm not that old, am I? I'm just aware that my life is very different to what it used to be. Maybe it's because recently I've been passing through sites like Bebo and Friendster in an effort to amuse myself.

    Isaac tells me that's not cool. He basically hates Bebo. I find it amusing, but I don't really participate.

    What is it about society today that makes us want to place our entire lives on display? (I realise the irony on my writing this in my blog...) I don't know, sometimes - especially in relation to all the carefree teenagers out there - I feel old.

    I just find it funny that my responsibilities are different. Not funny "ha ha" but funny ironic and a little sad. It'd be nice to be that way again. Which is not to say that I hate my life. I don't. I actually really, really like my life. But sometimes it might be nice to be a little different.

    "Pause Break" - get it? Hah. I'm happy to be here though. I can't imagine what I would be like if I'd stayed in Singapore. I'm very aware that my life here suits me a lot better than life there would have. I have independence here. I can be my own person (inasmuch as I allow myself to be my own person!) and I like that. I like that I can live away from home and without my parents. I like that I can have my boyfriend over when I want. (Depending on whether or not he wants to come over...)

    Heck, I like that I can express my opinions here and not really care about who sees, because anyone who reads this doesn't really know who I am anyway. Not that this is a bad thing, but because I don't really mind. It's an open forum.

    I like it that my parents aren't around to worry all the time. And it's not like they aren't around, but at least they don't worry because in some strange and inexplicable way - I've proved that I can take care of myself. I like that I'm getting by. Whenever I go back to Singapore there's too much fussing and worrying.

    I like having a glass of wine with dinner (something I haven't done for awhile come to think of it...) and not having to worry about what everyone else says.


    I like this. I like my house. I like my flatmates (most of the time) and even when they annoy the crap out of me, I still like them. (Just not so much in that particular moment in time...) Heck, I even like cooking. I like having to be responsible for cleaning my room, the kitchen, the lounge, the bathroom...all depending on which week I'm on.

    I like the contrast of showing up for my office job on a monday morning and rocking out and shaking my groove thang with the ensemble band on a monday night.

    Maybe I just like my independence too much. Who knows? All I know is that this suits me a whole lot better than anything else. And I like it :)

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008