Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, March 1

    Sick...again!

    Ugh. Am lying in bed having called in sick today. The sniffles that I've been nursing for the past few weeks have finally imploded into the full blown head hurting, sneezing, coughing, nose-blowing deal. Disgusting.

    Especially since this week was supposed to be pretty cruisey and then I'd be away for the weekend and start part time hours next week. But no. Instead, I'm holed up in bed, curtains drawn and telling myself that yes, eventually I do need to get up and get a birthday card for the boy.

    I hate cold meds. They make me feel horrible, leave a nasty taste in my mouth and make me sleepy.

    The upshot is I love my bed. The best part of having a queen is that when you do decide to spend the majority of the day in bed the half you're NOT lounging around on can be used to store important things such as ones laptop, the book you're currently reading, remotes for the tv/dvd and your cellphone.

    Not to mention Cecil the bear for moments when you need a cuddle.

    I hate being sick.

    I also hate my job. I want something new and more exciting out of life. Unfortunately I can't really find something that is quite what I want. OR I find things and I'm not really qualified to do them. Sucks to be me! (Tell me, WHY did I spend 3 years at university again??) I was really struck by this yesterday when - due to feeling like something the cat dragged in - I got Ben to give me work I could do in my own time and off the phones. It was great!!!

    Speaking of cats:

    This is Smokey. Smokey is gorgeous and playful and very fun to have around. Jeremy and I have been feeding him recently. And the other day when Isaac and I got home from work we found him in the house. (We have a cat door) Thus, we can conclude that Smokey has been making himself feel at home.

    Not ALL the time though. We're pretty sure he has another home, where he sleeps, eats and allows himself to be patted and babied. He just comes over here because it's exciting and new and makes him feel like a big tough kitty.

    He bit me the last time he was over. But only because he doesn't like his tummy being touched. Anyway, Smokey livens up the atmosphere around here somewhat. Tracy doesn't like him. She thinks he may have diseases and Janina's pretty ambivalent about him at best. But Jem and I like him and we let him wander through the house with impunity :)

    Edit:
    Taken the last time the girls came over. Brooklyn was quite insistent on taking pictures with everyone. Teehee. Yes, there's a bit of bra-age there. But only if you're looking. That top is WAYYY too low. But isn't Mania cute???

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008