Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, April 14

    Bodycare @ Redcliffs

    For Christmas Isaac got me a spa voucher encompassing a facial, eyelash tint and full body massage at Body Care at Redcliffs. Of course, me being me I didn't actually book it in till now. But that's okay.

    Anyway, I'd never had a facial before so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. But the lady there was lovely - we basically talked just about the entire time! And I never do that, not with the people who cut my hair or the doctor or anything. She was brilliant too. It was possibly the best thing that's ever been done to me.

    I got to go into this darkened, low lit room and lie down on this bed with an electric blanket on and a duvet - both VERY good things as it was freezing on Friday. It was possibly the most relaxing thing I'd ever done. She just massaged, moisturised and steam cleansed. The massage in particular was VERY good. On top of the eyelash tint I got my eyebrows done as well, which was a change!

    I wasn't too convinced on the eye tint as I'd never had one done before and I always assumed that they were really for light-eyelashed people so that they didn't have to use mascara. But apparently the tips of your lashes get bleached in the sun! Who knew??? Anyway, since Isaac had technically paid for it all, I got it done too. It's not supposed to sting unless you're tired or your eyes are particularly fluttery. Unfortunately for me, I was tired and it hurt like hell. Fortunately I only had to endure it for 10 mins. It was similar to chinese water torture - which I have never experienced.

    But, my lashes did appear darker. And, as that was the only truly painful part of the morning I decided that it was worth it. That and the fact that my skin was so incredibly soft after it all. It was amazing! It all felt really REALLY good.

    The lady that owns the place is lovely too. She was possibly the easiest stranger to talk to in the world. We talked about EVERYTHING. Her kids, how she lived overseas, how I found uni...the works!

    If anyone is interested, the bodycare website is here. They have a range of gift vouchers, including one for men. Yes, for those in Christchurch iteself, Redcliffs is a bit of a drive, but there's nothing nicer than being pampered by the sea. It's totally worth the drive :)

    I'm going for my massage on Thursday and I'm already looking forward to it!

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008