Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, October 23

    The Sounds

    The view from our room!


    I am back from The Sounds. Yay - was SO good to get away out of the city and know that there was absolutely nothing that needed to be done because I am on mini-holiday. I am still on mini-holiday by the way :)

    I've never really spent any time up the north end of this fair island...I've been down south a reasonable bit. It's really pretty there, but it's a different kind of pretty up north.


    It's all rolling hills and bays up there. Down south it's more flat lands and high craggy mountain tops.

    Still...very pretty. AND because we're so near the sea there's a lot of seafood. Which I love - Isaac does not love it quite as much as I do.


    Mussels from the Mussel Pot!

    We were staying just outside Havelock - which is apparently the greenshell mussel capital of the World. So we had to have some! Yummy!

    Note, mussels are REALLY gross to look at if you look at them too closely...yuck!

    It was fun times, even if we were only there for two days! We went walking, explored the area, slept lots and caught up on reading!

    I love public holidays :)

    We had a bbq last night, much fun. LOTS of food and drink. Jeremy inadvertently spiked Smiddy's coke with Bacardi - he was so sure he'd asked him if he'd wanted the alcohol in there! Haha, funny. We are such random people. So random in fact that I have an album on facebook dedicated to our randomness!

    Also, finally managed to watch some Flight of the Conchords last night, funny stuff! Haha. Isaac's been hounding me about it for weeks now! Oh but he was right!




    My current favorite!

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008