Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, September 5

    Finally


    I have finally, finally, finally watched The Sound of Music.

    Most people wouldn't see this as a big deal, but I do. It's one of those movies that every man and his dog has seen...AND I HADN'T SEEN IT YET.

    Worse still, even Isaac has seen it and he hasn't even seen Grease yet!!!

    Anyway, I had extremely high expectations because everyone I know (except the boys) loves this movie, that and the songs are all classics!!

    Note that I always think that it's a bad idea to start watching a movie with extremely high expectations. Thus, I found the beginning REALLY slow. So slow that I was actually starting to wonder what everyone else was always going on about!!

    But it really does get better.

    I was getting very tense at the end.

    Turns out that it is based on a true story. Who knew? The Trapp Family Singers (as they were known in America) were quite famous back in the day. The toured the world and everything. And you can still visit the Trapp Family Lodge in Vermont. Cool, eh? A real little Austrian lodge in...Canada!

    I think it's awesome :) Naturally though some of their story is condensed and sanitized for the movie audience. Apparently the Austrians (?) made two movies out of the Trapp family story.

    Fun stuff.

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008