Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, September 19

    Love, love, love


    I have been thinking about love lately.

    And that song from Love Actually. You know the one.

    Or maybe you don't.

    But I do.

    Anyway. According to the song, "all you need is love". (I consider myself an expert on said song because we sang it for Party in the Park last year - additionally, Izook and I will be working on the PitP website this year so watch this space! But I digress...)

    I disagree with this. I don't think that ALL you need is love. That's just yet another of the sappy, mindless drivel that the media likes to feed us. Now, believe me, I'm not bitter. I just think that there are so many somewhat deluded people out there thinking that love is easy.

    I'm not afraid to admit that there are times when love is easy. And those times are very, very nice indeed. But you can't tell me that love is "easy" for everyone all the time. That's a load of bollocks.

    No really.

    Sometimes I think we are all so caught up in what everyone perceives "love" is that when it doesn't meet our expectations we get let down and things fall to pieces.

    And those are my thoughts for today.

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008