Blossoms
stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.
and here i am still waiting though i still
have my doubts.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, November 8

    So..

    Just waiting at the moment...for something to happen?? Lol...I have no clue what's happening tonight but I was supposed to be picked up at 6.30 and it's now 6.45....

    Hmmm...

    ANYWAY...to fill in space I am here. Have been re-reading the Obernewtyn Chronicles by Isobel Carmody. I used to LOVE those books when I was a kid. Well, teenager at least! I read all four in high school. (At that stage there were only four) Now I've bought the first three (thanks Borders for your 50% off vouchers!) and she's written the fifth and the sixth book comes out end of this year in the states.

    WHOOP.

    I still love the books. I was semi-worried that they wouldn't be as good as I remembered - but they are. And it's kinda weird, I mean it's been a good 10 years since I've read them but certain parts of the books I still remember having read once I read them. Nice to know I just needed a little prodding to remember. Can't remember how the story ends though!

    Looking forward to reading the fifth book at least, seeing as how it's the one I haven't read before. (And the 6th!) I'm so glad Borders is in town. I'd have had to order them in otherwise - and how expensive that would have been! At least with Borders I can just go in and get them.

    Not that I have that much time to read at the moment - well, I did today but only because I was feeling lazy... THREE WEEKS today!

    Time flies man...seriously, where has the year gone! The past week(s) have been a mad rush of sorting stuff out and organising to meet with people so that we can finalise things. Of course all these people have mad-long lists that we need to fulfil as well! Add that to the usual end of year rush and you have some serious fun times. Haha.

    Short week next week which I'm REALLY looking forward to. We have organised a baking/fudge making day for then. Will be good to get all that sorted. And we are finally looking at final numbers and all that - also fun. I guess you just want people to have fun and have a good time. That and the whole getting married thing. Lol.

    As an aside: my ride is still not here - should I worry? Or is this what hen's nights are supposed to be like??? (Or hen's early evenings...???)

    But I am looking forward also to finally having a BREAK. Work has been mad. We are officially short-staffed again that that will probably continue into next year. Which is fine. The staff member we had did basically no work anyway...but you know. Makes it hard if you want a holiday. Oh well, the days will go fast at least.

    And I am almost 24...which is a scary thought! Feels a little old.

    But now I'm just rambling. Huh. If these people don't show up soon I'm going to take my collected newspaper and just go to bed. While the sun still shines. (Doncha love daylight savings???)

    No comments:

    Regnum: (lat.)1. kingly government, royal authority, kingship, royalty 2. In gen., dominion, sovereignty, rule, authority. // Advenio: vēnī, ventus, īre, to come to, reach, arrive at

    copyright piratepup design 2008